Atlantic Sea Farms (Ocean Approved, Inc.) is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overseeing the warehouse, outgoing and incoming orders, and facilities in our newly renovated 27,000 sq ft facility based in Biddeford, Maine. This position will also be called on as a jack of all trades and will be a key part of our harvest team during harvest season. This position will work closely with the operations team and will report to the Continuous Improvement and Sustainability Manager. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for keeping the warehouse and grounds clean and suitable for food manufacturing, adhering to food safety and SQF guidelines. Successful applicants will require keen attention to detail, a strong work ethic, problem-solving skills, motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, and skill in maintaining infrastructure at the facility.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position. This position is eligible for the company health insurance, dental, vision, bonus incentive plan, and PTO.
Atlantic Sea Farm prides itself on building a brand and team with integrity, fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the kelp aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for our working waterfront community, and making outstanding, innovative, delicious food. The Warehouse Manager will contribute directly to creating more opportunities for Maine’s coastal communities by making our operations efficient and effective.
- Oversee ASF’s new 27,000sq ft processing facility
- Maintain ASF building facilities and ensure that the facility is fully operational and functioning properly and products can be produced to food safety and quality standards
- Manage ASF’s order and inventory system
- Manage and process outgoing and incoming shipments
- Oversee warehouse procurement
- Run all shipping and transportation logistics
- Negotiate freight rates and manage freight partnerships for inbound and outbound product with an eye toward reducing freight costs
- Responsible for food safety- inspecting incoming and outgoing trucks for cleanliness and acceptability to carry food and food contact packaging
- Work closely with Continuous Improvement Manager and Supply and Advancement Manager on logistics and organization of harvest season
- Support and assist supply team in logistics and set-up for nursery season
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouse to ensure quality standards are met
- Maintain packaging inventory in connection with the Production Team
- Manage and oversee facility safety program
- Ensure all facilities and systems are in compliance with regulations and assist the Continuous Improvement Manager in cutting energy usage and reducing our carbon footprint
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience in warehouse operations
- Preferred experience with pallet jacks, and fork trucks
- Strong professional background in workplace safety and knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience developing systems and implementing them across organizations
- Very strong computer skills
- Ability to identify problems or risks and solve for them quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a valued team member
- Ability to bring optimism, enthusiasm, and a strong spirit for collaboration and innovation every day
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Commitment to honesty, fun, hard work, and meaningfully contributing to an optimistic, cohesive team atmosphere
To inquire, please email Casey Ballin: [email protected]
Ocean Approved, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.