Hollander and de Koning is hiring a FULL-TIME Operations Manager to join our friendly team. Our company is growing mussels and oysters from seed to market and sells straight into the network of high-end distributors and one local supermarket. This ensures that we maintain control of the quality of our food products for as long as possible along the cold chain distribution. Customers need to taste the quality of Maine-grown seafood when it reaches their plate.
As Operations Manager at Hollander and de Koning you will be a key member of our team. You will be leveraging your expertise as a manager in a fast-paced environment to ensure that the packing and sorting crew are working as a team and are supported. You will also need to be sure the product is cared for under the correct HACCP and temperature controls, and that the orders are filled correctly. You will not be solely responsible as you will also be given the support and training you need to perform these duties.
- Daily responsibilities will vary depending on whether the day is a packing day (Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday) or a non-packing day. You will be given some flexibility as to which other two days you would like to work to make up your 40 hours.
- On packing days, the day starts at 7 am to set up the equipment and plan the day for the team.
- Clearly communicate with each member of the team to ensure that the plan for the day is understood by all.
- Be responsible for monitoring the progress of the packing and checking each pallet for completeness before it is placed in the walk-in cooler.
- Step in and help get the job done if a bottleneck appears in the process to keep the process moving along.
- Provide feedback to the others in the organization with ideas for improvements or needs for support
- A positive and energetic disposition
- The ability to work well with a small team
- Attention to detail
- Some previous experience with managing a team
- Enjoy doing your job well
- Ability to both commend and correct team members respectfully
Annual salary of $55,000 with paid time off.
Email your resume to [email protected]
For more information call 207-610-3437