Position Title: Saltwater Technician
Reports to: Site Manager
- Ensuring the physical security of the fish stock and all equipment.
- Maintaining optimum fish health
- Ensuring good feeding, growth, and performance of fish stock
- Ensure that fish our adequately and appropriately fed, according to the feeding SOP. This includes detailed monitoring of the daily feeding results
- Routinely monitor feed quality and address any issues with the Site Manager
- Fish Health:
- Report fish health problems
- Follow the Company’s Bio-security policy.
- Follow the Company’s SOP for Fish Health.
- Bring any safety issues to the attention of the Site Manager
- Wear a PFD at all times.
- Properly use and operate site equipment
- Ensure any chemicals used on-site, including therapeutants, are used according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Ensure all safety equipment is in good working order and stored in their proper place
- Site Maintenance:
o Ensure fish and equipment are secure at all times
o Maintain boat and equipment
o Assist with net changes as required
o General site maintenance as required
- Predator Control:
- Take all necessary steps to prevent predator (seals, birds, etc.) from causing harm or damage to fish/equipment
- Report any incidents immediately
- Assist with harvesting as required
- Outside marine environment
- Shift work
- Working with outboards, boats & other marine equipment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 KG
Email [email protected]