This farm hand position is a great opportunity for people who want to work outside and in nature. Great opportunities to learn more about oysters and other species as well as how to grow a premium product sustainably. Much of the job duties will be on the water harvesting, sorting, tumbling, and splitting densities. There will also be on-land work which consists of culling, sorting, gear work, and line making.
- Farm hands should have a good physical status, competency in swimming, active listening skills, reliability, and a drive for working on the water.
- When farm hands are on the water, they should have no problem following the farm manager's directions.
- Timely arrival to work
- Ability to be flexible and shift tasks throughout the day
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAO):
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, at times with little direction.
- Strong and sound decision-making skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions.
- 40 – 50 hours per work week. Time of day is variable.
Job & Safety Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record to qualify for the company insurance policy.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk on uneven terrain up to 8 hours per day.
- The employee may be required to stoop, bend, kneel, twist, and squat 30 percent of the time.
- The employee needs to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (Regularly required to exert up to 20lbs or force, frequently required to exert up to 50 lbs. of force, occasionally required to exert up to 125 lbs. of force).
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on machines, boats, docks, etc.
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume to Cam Niven ([email protected]).
- Applications are accepted starting immediately.
- MPOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer