Bangs Island Mussels is looking for a dependable individual to work in the land-based mussel inspection room. We are a sustainable shellfish and seaweed farm based on Portland's working waterfront. We grow some of the finest mussels in the country and ship them all over the country! Year-round, we harvest mussels from our farm 2-4 days per week. In the afternoons, the mussel processing land crew unloads the mussels from the boat and performs the final processing and inspection of the mussels before they are delivered or shipped to customers. Essentially, this is a mussel assembly line. The work is fast-paced and in a moist environment.
Days and Hours
This is a part-time position. Hours will be 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm (the end time varies according to the harvest amount), Monday and Wednesday, year-round.
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
The mussel processing position reports to the Processing room manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mussel inspection
- Set up and clean-up processing area
- Wash, bag, weigh, and tag mussels
- Miscellaneous land-based farm maintenance projects (i.e., net patching, making rope droppers, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements
No experience necessary! We will train you.
- Dependable and on-time
- Positive attitude
- A good work ethic.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work as a team (a crew of 5-7)
- Waterproof boots
Job Type and Salary
- Part-time (approximately 18 hours per week)
- $18.00 per hour
After 90 days:
- PTO (Paid time off)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free mussels on a regular basis!
- Opportunity to grow within the company
Apply via Indeed job posting https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=e6802189a9252e95