Johns River Oyster is seeking part-time or full-time farmhands to work on our 3-acre surface site where we harvest and manage juvenile oysters. Perfect for a high school or college student during the summer months.
These positions will begin on May 15, 2023, and end on August 25, 2023. Work hours are M-F- 7:30-4:30, but can be somewhat flexible.
Pay will be an hourly rate of $21 an hour.
- NO Prior Oyster Farm Experience Required
- Driver's license/transportation to work
- Must be able to swim
- Boating skills encouraged
- The job requires the following gear: rubber boots, coveralls, and gloves
- Ability to work in aluminum work boats in Damariscotta, and Pemaquid ME
- Sorting oysters (counting, grading, tumbling)
- Flipping cages with outside physical work on shellfish rafts
- Following relevant health and safety requirements
Send resume to Dave Cheney at [email protected]