Johns River Oyster is seeking 1 experienced farm manager to be our Farm Harvest Manager (full-time) and manage a 3-acre surface site where we harvest and manage juvenile oysters.
This position will be year-round beginning in April 2023. Work hours are M-F- 7:30-4:30, but can be somewhat flexible.
Pay will be an hourly rate of $23 an hour.
- Driver's license/transportation to work
- Must be able to swim
- Boating skills encouraged
- The job requires the following gear: rubber boots, coveralls, and gloves
- Ability to work in aluminum work boats in Damariscotta, and Pemaquid ME
- Sorting oysters (counting, grading, tumbling)
- Flipping cages with outside physical work on shellfish rafts
- Following relevant health and safety requirements
- Manage a 3-acre surface site
- Manage farm hands
Send resume to Dave Cheney at [email protected]