Our company is growing mussels and oysters from seed to market and sells straight into the network of high-end distributors and one local supermarket. This ensures that we maintain control of the quality of our food product for as long as possible along the cold chain distribution. Customers need to taste the quality of Maine grown seafood when it reaches their plate.
This position is for a boat deck hand, working primarily on our 74ft landing craft tending the mussel farm in winter, and split between our oyster farm and mussel farm in summer. We are looking for someone who is reliable, detail oriented, and able to work safely on the water in all seasons.
- Working safely and respecting one another at all times.
• Running equipment on deck.
• Driving skiffs for offloading.
• Occasional land based driving.
- Must have a valid license and reliable vehicle.
• Experience on the water is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Positive and helpful disposition.
- Starting wage of $25/hour
• 5 days earned paid personal days per year.
• 20 hours/week guaranteed minimum. Year Round.