The Hatchery and Farms of Muscongus Bay Aquaculture and Dodge Cove Marine Farm are highly committed to producing the best quality shellfish for farmers and consumers alike. The companies cultivate American oysters, hard clams, and bay scallops in the highly productive Damariscotta River in mid-coast Maine. The companies are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, team-oriented, and level-headed individuals to help our crew with daily operations.
Duties may include, but not be limited to;
- Monitoring condition of broodstock shellfish
- Feeding and care of all shellfish life stages
- Cleaning and maintenance of tanks and auxiliary equipment
- Monitoring and data collection of environmental parameters
- Culling and grading of market oysters
- Processing oysters for shipment