Atlantic Sea Farms is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. We pride ourselves on building a brand and team with integrity that is fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the kelp aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for our working waterfront community.
The role of the Sales Distribution & Data Analyst is to provide strategic sales analysis and reporting, trade spend forecasting, management of distributor relationships, and assist with on-shelf execution of Atlantic Sea Farms’ CPG products. To succeed in this role, you must be highly analytical, understand CPG-planning cycles, be a strong negotiator, and possess the ability to transform information into meaningful insights and actions for field and executive level audiences. The Sales Distribution & Data Analyst reports directly to the Sales Director and works closely with the sales team to provide insights synthesized through syndicated data, distributor reports, and trade spend analysis. This position will also ensure that Atlantic Sea Farms’ products are successfully priced, slotted, and distributed to consumers. This position will require a great deal of problem-solving, data management and a commitment to forging sales growth for first-to-market seaweed products. Atlantic Sea Farms is looking for a committed and energized individual with a strong independent work ethic, a high degree of attention to detail, and who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
This is a full-time, in person, year-round position based in Biddeford, ME.
- Create and establish reporting metrics and cadences to support the sales team to drive short and long-term revenue and sales growth.
- Pull, analyze and report on sales data and trends in order to better inform sales strategy.
- Oversee and monitor the retail sales budget and work with the finance team on budget planning for promotions and discounts.
- Identify and analyze data to support retail sales efforts and pull relevant information to build effective selling stories and recommendations for optimization.
- Support and grow important strategic partnerships with distributors. Manage distributor accounts and administrative requirements for new item roll out and new account onboarding.
- Manage order processing, distributor chargebacks, deduction research and disputes.
- Support Go-to-Market strategies through tracking of retail sales deals, trade plans, distribution networks, and vendor relationship management.
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure ads and promotions line up and analyze and advise on efficacy of all promotional spending on CPG product
- Work with the operations team on freight planning and logistics.
- Work with the Sales Director to inform inventory needs and projections.
- Provide excellent customer service and stay in regular and strategic contact with distribution partners, brokers, street reps, and store team leaders.
- Support and collaborate on overall sales team efforts.
- Collaborate effectively with all teams across the vertically integrated company to ensure a high-performing, high-morale workplace.
- Travel for meetings, trade shows, events, and key opportunities and obligations (or as needed)
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in MS Office applications
- Strong financial analytical capabilities and forecast experience
- Ability to represent highly complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to work in a constantly changing startup environment
- Driven to meet and exceed sales goals
- Priority Management /Results Driven
- Must possess a working knowledge of the natural food space, food trends, trade opportunities.
- Must possess data management skills
- Excellent computer and CMS/CRM skills
- Ability to think and act independently without extensive oversight
- Proven problem-solving ability and self-starting mindset. Positive, can-do attitude
- Able to thoroughly manage administrative needs connected to sales success
- Excited to travel and create in person sales opportunities, spending 5%+ of time on the road
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the consumer packaged foods industry.
- Experience with distributors and sales negotiation.
- This position would be paid an annual base salary (based on experience $50-60k), have access to the company’s health benefits package, paid vacation, and a bonus structure based on individual and team performance.
To inquire, please email Atlantic Sea Farms Retail Sales Coordinator, Kiera Foti: [email protected]atlanticseafarms.com
Ocean Approved, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.