Atlantic Sea Farms is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. The Partner Growth Representative for Universities and Institutions will be responsible for building and extending sales for university and institutional dining programs including education and awareness-focused collaborations with university partners. This position will report directly to the Sales Director and work closely with the VP of Strategy & Marketing to define goals and targets and will be responsible for developing and significantly growing our foodservice sales and distribution for university and institutional dining. This position will require a great deal of innovation, creativity, relationship building, and a commitment to forging an entirely new area of work for our company. Fresh, domestic kelp is a new product to the university and institutional market in the United States and we are looking for a talented, committed, and energized individual ready to chart this new path.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Atlantic Sea Farms prides itself on building a brand and team with integrity, fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the kelp aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for our working waterfront community. The Sales & Partner Growth Representative will be responsible for thoroughly understanding and championing ASF’s social and environmental missions, products, and creating awareness and scalable proofs of concept for university and institutional dining hall uses.
- Identify key targets and execute new and ongoing outreach as informed by ASF sales goals
- Secure, foster, support, and grow important strategic partnerships with key dining institutions to help develop proof-of-concept programming, build awareness, and support important data analysis for getting fresh, domestic kelp into dining halls.
- Fully secure new placements, close deals, and execute onboarding in line with ASF established pricing
- Work with customers to assist in menu R&D and educational campaigns to grow partnerships, awareness, and velocity
- Manage distributor relationships and administrative requirements
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work with Sales Director to inform inventory needs
- Lead discussions and external outreach for education and awareness students, patrons, and dining program staff
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are submitted accurately and completely
- Travel as determined by key opportunities
- Collaborate effectively with all teams across the vertically integrated company to ensure a high-performing, high-morale workplace
- Must possess a working knowledge of the natural food space, food trends, trade opportunities. Experience in a university or institutional food service dining is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer and CMS/CRM skills
- Has positive and current relationships with restaurant groups, buyers, and distributors
- Ability to think and act independently without extensive oversight
- Proven problem-solving ability and self-starting mindset
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to work in a constantly changing startup environment
- Able to manage top level partnerships
- Able to thoroughly manage administrative needs connected to sales success
- Excited to travel and create in person sales opportunities, spending 30%+ of time on the road
At least 3-5 years relevant experience in food service, ingredient sales, or institutional/university dining administration