Atlantic Sea Farms is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. The Sales & Partner Growth Manager: Ingredient & Dining will be responsible for building and extending sales for ingredient suppliers and broad-line distributors, restaurant groups, fast-casual chains, and CPG companies - and demonstrating the value of Atlantic Sea Farms kelp in everything. The position will require innovation, hard work, creativity, relationship building, a whole lot of hustle and ambition, and a dedication to building an entirely new market for fresh, regenerative, domestic kelp in the U.S. We are excited to hire someone in this position who is committed, talented, and energized to help us meet our mission to help make Maine’s coast more resilient through kelp aquaculture.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Atlantic Sea Farms prides itself on building a brand and team with integrity, fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the kelp aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for our working waterfront community. This position will be responsible for thoroughly understanding and championing ASF’s social and environmental missions, products, and creating awareness and scalable proofs of concept as an ingredient and in wholesale dining services.
- Identify key targets and execute new and ongoing outreach as informed by ASF sales goals
- Secure, foster, support, and grow important strategic partnerships to build awareness, drive sales, and support the growth of our kelp’s use in dining institutions and other companies’ CPG products throughout the country
- Fully secure new placements, close deals, and execute onboarding in line with ASF established pricing
- Work with customers to assist in menu R&D to grow partnerships, awareness, and velocity
- Clearly understand and communicate economic and environmental impact metrics of Atlantic Sea Farms kelp to new leads and growing customer base
- Manage distributor relationships and administrative requirements
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work with Sales Director to inform inventory needs
- Lead discussions and external outreach for education and awareness for dining and customer staff
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are submitted accurately and completely
- Travel to build and cement sales relationships
- Collaborate effectively with all teams across the vertically integrated company to ensure a high-performing, high-morale workplace
- Must possess a working knowledge of the natural food space, food trends, and trade opportunities
- A strong connection to and understanding of food systems and cooking
- Ambitious and relentless focus on meeting goals and helping us amplify our mission through sales of kelp
- Excellent computer and CMS/CRM skills
- Has positive and current relationships with restaurant groups, buyers, and distributors
- Ability to think and act independently without extensive oversight
- Proven problem-solving ability and self-starting mindset
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to work in a constantly changing startup environment
- Able to manage top-level partnerships
- Able to thoroughly manage administrative needs connected to sales success
- Excited to travel and create in-person sales opportunities, spending 30%+ of time on the road
3-5 years of experience in sales and/or food product and R&D development are highly desirable. Kitchen or product sourcing experience preferred, but not required.
This position would be paid an annual base salary, have access to the company’s health benefits package, paid vacation, and a significant bonus structure based on individual and team sales performance.
To inquire, please email Zoe Croft at [email protected]