The Farms of Muscongus Bay Aquaculture and Dodge Cove Marine Farm cultivate delicious American oysters, hard clams, and bay scallops in the beautiful, and renowned Damariscotta River of mid-coast Maine.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and level-headed individuals, with an excellent work ethic, to come join our lively crew with daily farm operations.
Duties may include, but not be limited to;
- Processing oysters for market
- Monitoring condition of broodstock shellfish
- Fixing and maintaining gear
- Solid and verifiable boat handling skills essential
- Happy working as part of a team
- Organized and diligent
- Quick problem solving
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Positive attitude
- Must be able to work in the U.S., and have a valid U.S. driver’s license
This is a full-time job, Monday-Friday, with approximately 8-hour days (though this will vary depending on workload). Start and end times vary with seasons, and weekend and holiday work may occasionally be necessary.
$15/hour starting wage
Company sponsored health insurance
Paid vacation and sick days